Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My Exercise Verse

Do you have a favorite verse or qoute that is stored away in your brain for those moments in life?  I have categorized some of my favorite verses, I have a few qoutes that I like as well.  My favorite exercise verse is Hebrews 12:11, "No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful.  Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness for those who have been trained by it."
I was given this verse many years ago by a friend who is a personal trainer.  At that time I thought, "How appropriate".  I am now attempting to run a 5K and let's just say it's taken my body some adjusting to the running thing again.  When I am out running or even strength training this verse often comes to the forefront of my mind.  Yet this verse isn't just meant for physical exercise.  This verse can cover a multitude of areas in our life.  Discipline is painful; sometimes very painful!  However, when we look at the prize or goal to be obtained we know that the discipline is necassary.
I encourage you to think on this verse when you are going to thru trials, because let's face it, trials are painful.  Our outcome is the righteousness that God desires of us.  When we take the focus off of ourselves and place it on God and the possible reward God will bestowing on us it does make the discipline a little more bearable.
My race is coming up soon in about two weeks and I will be chugging along and reminding myself of this verse almost every step of the way until I cross that finish line.  As my life's journey continues I will be reminding myself of this favorite verse until I cross the ULTIMATE FINISH LINE and receive my heavenly reward.

No comments:

Post a Comment